Board of Directors
Related Web sites
The AMMA Monitor
The newsmagazine of the Amateur Movie Makers Association, is published bimonthly for all members of the Associtation.
The Monitor is a source of information about moviemaking techniques and products; a forum for exchange of ideas and opinions; and an archive of the activities of the Association and its members. The word monitor has two meanings:
- One with an overview who warns, advises, encourages, and instructs
- The electronic screen that displays movies, TV, and computer information.
These are both significant to a society of moviemakers.
As a critical part of AMMA, The Monitor has lofty objectives:
- To serve as the prime forum of communication between members
- To stimulate interest in moviemaking (in any medium)
- To provide accurate, timely, and unbiased information of value to moviemakers
- To promote and chronicle AMMA contests and conventions
- To encourage the formation and health of local moviemakers' clubs
- To generate a "community" for members who have no access to local clubs.
- To build awareness everywhere in the needs, activities, and value of amateur moviemakers.
View the front page and back page of the Special Edition of the Monitor (Jan 2003) in PDF format.
Eastern Club News Editor
Western Club News Editor
Send letters, manuscripts, photos, etc. to the
News of the local club activities should be sent to the appropriate
Regional News Editor. The Mississippi River is the boundary between
East and West.
The Editor solicits articles on topics of interest to cinematographers
and moviemakers. If you have any idea, or a need, please communicate with the
Editor to discuss it.
Change of Address:
Send address changes to Pat Otto.